To join …
You are about to join the Victorian and Tasmanian Chapter of the largest single-model car club in the world, as recorded in the Guinness Book of Records.
As a member, you will benefit from our monthly magazine with reports on Club activities, upcoming events, technical advice on your MX-5 and, more importantly, the opportunity to share your experiences with other devoted Club members who made the decision to buy what we believe is the best sports car available in Australia today.
Available to any natural person of at least driver’s licence holding age who is the driver and/or co-driver of a Mazda MX-5. If opting for the printed version of the Club magazine, mxtra, Full memberships receive one copy per household. Full membership is required for those wishing to obtain a competition licence to take part in motor sport.
Available to a family (defined as two adults and their dependants residing at the same address). A Family member may participate in the events of the Club and enjoy the same rights as Full membership except for a limitation of one vote per adult. If opting for the printed version of the Club magazine, mxtra, Family memberships receive one copy per household. Family members are eligible to obtain an age-appropriate competition licence to take part in motor sport.
Only available to any natural person sponsored by a Full member for the purpose of participating in one or more Club functions annually or who was previously a Full member but now no longer owns or drives a Mazda MX-5. A Friend member may participate in events of the Club but, unless accompanied by a Full member, may not win trophies or prizes.
A Friend member may not use this category of membership for the purpose of obtaining a CAMS, AASA or other form of motor sport competition licence, or for the purpose of obtaining Club Permit registration for a classic or historic car. A Friend member has no voting rights, and does not receive the Club magazine, mxtra.
If joining as a Friend, you will need to nominate your sponsoring Full member. A Full member may sponsor up to two Friend members.
- More than one person from a couple or family is welcome to join the Club, but at least one must be a Full Member.
- Others may join as Friends, or two adults and their dependants under 18 (residing at the same address) may join under a Family Membership, with both adults being recognised as Full Members.
- Two individuals (eg: husband and wife) may not join as a single membership; either both must be Full Members, or one must be a Full Member and the other a Friend, or both may join as a Family.
- Motor sport participants: To obtain a CAMS licence to compete in “serious” motor sport events, you must be a Full Member or a Family Member.
Conditions of Membership
To be accepted as a member of the Mazda MX-5 Club of Victoria & Tasmania Inc., you must agree to certain conditions, including agreement to abide by our Statement of Purposes and Rules (constitution) and our Code of Conduct. Full conditions are set out in both our paper and online applications. Submission of your membership application and payment implies acceptance of these membership conditions.
Reciprocal Rights Membership
A financial member of any other Australian Mazda MX-5 Club may request that they be provided with reciprocal membership of the Mazda MX-5 Club of Victoria & Tasmania Inc. for a period of up to seven days at a time. Please email the Membership Officer for more information.
Here are the current fees for the Club’s various membership categories, updated in June 2019 for the 2018-2019 membership year.
New members pay a one-off joining fee plus the relevant annual fee* for their chosen membership category.
* Maximum only – Discounted membership fees apply for different quarters throughout the year. If you join after 1 June in a given year, your membership will extend through to 30 June of the following year.
Discounted fees: See the Membership Portal or download a membership application form (PDF, 277KB) for details of the discounted fees for the current quarter.
If you join after mid April your fees will be calculated until June 30th the following year to avoid having to pay a full 12 months fees on 1st July in the year you join.
**PDF mxtra magazine: If you opt for a PDF version of mxtra magazine, we will notify you via email when each month’s PDF is ready to be downloaded from our website. You will need Adobe Acrobat to view the PDF. NB: It is your responsibility to advise the Club of any change of your email address. You can update these details online via the Membership Portal.
Renewal of your annual membership fee is due and payable in full on 1 July each year.
Ready to Join?
Option 1: To sign up and pay by Visa or MasterCard, credit or debit cards, click the button below to go to our secure Membership Portal.
- Our online membership portal (above) allows You to pay by Visa or MasterCard, credit or debit cards, via our secure online payment system. You can also opt to pay later by cheque or money order. Please note that these are the only payment options the Club currently accepts. We cannot accept B-Pay or other electronic payments or direct deposits.>
Option 2: To pay by cheque or money order, download an application form (PDF, 277KB) which you can print out, complete and mail to the Club (address below). Cheques/money orders must be payable to the Mazda MX-5 Club of Victoria & Tasmania Inc. Please do not send cash through the mail!
We look forward to meeting you soon.
Mazda MX-5 Club of Victoria & Tasmania Inc.
PO Box 8173
Croydon VIC 3136