Basis of this solution is that everyone must pre-register, even if there is only a slight chance that they may attend.
i.e. pre-register and decide on the day if attending or not.
- Stays as it is (TeamUp Calendar) with Chapter Captains (or members!) adding events
- Chapter Captains get a notification where a member submits an event, the event will not go live until edited and moved by a Chapter Captain
- Social Captain and Admin get a notification so that event can be checked and edited if needed plus adding link for pre-registration
- Test Calendar
Pre-Registration using TryBooking (alternative to JotForm)
- Social Captain or Admin add a new event based on details in calendar
- The process is simple as a previous event can be cloned, only event name, run leader/s, dates and times needing to be changed and new Pre-Registration link copied and pasted in TeamUp calendar
Test Event Link
Event session tickets automatically sent to person pre-registering – each ticket contains an event QR code
- Chapter Captain / Run Leader can send an email directly to all pre-registered attendees either immediately or at a later date with additional information as needed
No need to extract email addresses to send as all those registered for a session will automatically get the email.
- Waitlist automatically created
On the Day
- Each event needs a person responsible for scanning of tickets / checking members in
- Each event needs a phone/tablet with the TryBooking Scanning app installed
- Everyone (i.e. both attendees) present their tickets or phone for scanning – simple operation that takes seconds to do – and no-one has to use their own phone!
After the Event
- The Run Leader or Chapter Captain sends an email to the Points Officer with details of Run Leaders, etc.
- Points Officer runs a report detailing name and membership number of those who have attended the event and been scanned/checked-in
- Calendar stays as it is
Booking notifications go to the Chapter Captain & Run Leader/s
No additional work needed to create separate event pre-registration and on the day event registration in JotForms (or to maintain on the day registration forms)
Members can ‘return’ tickets – useful where numbers are limited
- On the Day
Very simple and fast scanning in process
Needs members to enter the same name as on their membership tag – to make process easier for Points Officer
- On the Day
Ensuring everyone is scanned in
For those who forget their tickets the scanning app can be used to check-in attendees who have pre-registered
- After the Event
Run Leader/Chapter Captain needs to send an email with details of roles
Points Officer has more work to do in reconciling members names if nicknames, etc used in pre-registration.
Points Officer will need to link attendees with member lists – a bit more work to set up than now