Below is the preamble to the Statement of Purposes and Rules of the Mazda MX-5 Club of Victoria & Tasmania Inc.
The purposes of the incorporated association (the “Club”) are:
- to encourage the coming together of owners and drivers (and their respective families and friends) of Mazda MX-5 automobiles (the “Car”) by actively promoting membership of the Club to all who own and/or drive the Car;
- to promote and further the practical, sporting and social aspects motoring within the membership of the Club and, where necessary or desirable, to join with other persons, clubs or associations in Australia and overseas for those purposes;
- to encourage social interaction between, and participation by, members and generally to afford to them all the usual privilegesand advantages of membership of the Club, and
- to encourage courtesy, good driving and safety on the roads of Australia.
Solely for the purposes set out above, the Club has the power:
- to indemnify any person for any loss or damage incurred as a result of having, on behalf of the Club, become liable to pay any amount by way of damages or otherwise;
- to subscribe to, become a member of, and co-operate with, any other association, club or organisation, whether incorporated or not, whose objects are altogether or in part similar to those of the Club PROVIDED THAT the Club is not to subscribe to, or support with its funds, any club, association or organisation which does not prohibit the distribution of its income and property among its members to an extent at least as great as that imposed on the Club under or by virtue of the Rules;
- to invest and deal with moneys of the Club not immediately required in such manner as is from time to time thought fit;
- to raise or borrow money upon such terms and in such manner as it thinks fit;
- to secure the repayment of moneys so raised or borrowed or the repayment of debt or liability of the Club by giving mortgages, charges or securities upon or over all or any of the property of the Club, and
- to do all such other things as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of the purposes and the exercise of the powers of the Club.
Statement of Purposes and Rules
Click here for a PDF of the current SPR.